It is interesting to note that CFA pass rate has considerably declined over the years. It amounted to as much as 94% at the time of inception in 1963, and as little as 42% for the June exam of 2007. Of course, the total number of exam-takers has grown around 250 times, so these pass rates are not completely comparable, but the shift is considerable enough to show a clear trend. Is it the exam becoming more difficult, or the exam-takers are getting dumber? Let's just hope that I am one of the few lucky among the 42% when I receive my exam results in about two months... Original data is available at CFA Institute official site at the following URL: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/pdf/candidate_results.pdf
Comments
That's true it's not the best time to try to change your employer right now, especially in the financial services industry. And yes, I heard of many top-tier investment banks laying people off en mass.
But there are still some companies that hire, at least here in Japan.
Cant you see. He is working with large IBank of Japan. Read his profile "I am a humble investment banker (if such thing exists), working in a leading Japanese investment bank."
Lucky man.
The way SMBC invested in Barcleys, you can feel Yen rising again.
Came back to this blog after a long time. Good to see so many people participating.
So finally what is your status? Are you working with bluechip Ibank or got downsized?
Thanks for the CFA link
NP